DIY: A linen plaid
Making your own linen throw is really one of the easiest DIY’s you can think of. A linen throw is perfect for a summer’s night, when you feel like covering yourself for a little warmth, without it getting too hot.
Even when you are not the best at DIY-ing, making your own linen throw is pretty much a no fail project. You can go for a throw with a fringed hem or a knotted hem.
What do you need?
- Around 2 square meters of linen
- A seam ripper
How to make a throw with a fringed hem
- Cut your fabric so it is exactly the size you want it to be. If you buy your fabric with this project in mind, you can of course ask Evert to cut the fabric the exact size you want.
- Start pulling the threads from the hem, until you have a hem of about 3 cm.
- Do this on all sides of the fabric.
- To make absolutely sure your throw will not unravel, you can make tiny knots in all corners of your throw.
How to make a throw with a knotted hem
- Repeat the first three steps of the throw with a fringe hem.
- Now gather a piece of fringe of about 2 or 3 cm and knot it together.
- Repeat on all sides of your throw.